About Me

My photo
I am in love with and intrigued by the story and plight of the black community. Learning is my passion and I intend to use my passion to show the community that I love ways to effect positive change in their lives as well as others.

1.31.2012

The Power of Change!


I started reading a book last year that didn’t quite hold myinterest so I changed books. I changed my outfit three times before deciding onthe on I really wanted to wear.  Ichanged majors, schools, addresses, beliefs, religions, jobs, schools, careers…you name it; I’ve changed it.  I evenchanged the title and URL of this blog today. Thoughts evolve, minds changes and you adapt to new situations all thetie.  There’s a certain amount of powerin that.  Change is about choices andchoice is powerful.  When you no longerhave the ability to choose, the power is removed from your hands and now in thehands of the ones who hold the keys to the choices you can make and frustrationseeps in.  Frustration at now needing tomake choices you wouldn’t normally make, changes you never would adapt tobecause someone beyond your reach altered the playing field against you.  This is the country we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

@pamelajeri

    follow me on Twitter