About Me

My photo
I am in love with and intrigued by the story and plight of the black community. Learning is my passion and I intend to use my passion to show the community that I love ways to effect positive change in their lives as well as others.

6.03.2009

The Tipping Point.....

I need to talk about the educational system in this country because it is consuming my thoughts and once again I can't get back to the business of me. But this is life. There are distractions that lead you in another direction but what's important is that at some point you get back on track. Right now, I'm just not sure when that point will be because what's troubling me right now is most prevalent in my mind.

Not sure where to start because there's so much i need to say on this topic of public vs. private schools. I am of the opinion that education is a right and not a privilege. With that said, I think that in America we are fortunate to have an educational system whereas no one is denied an education (not now anyway). However, it has become an increasing trend that in order for your child to get a "good" or "better" education, it will have to come from the private sector. While this may be true, has anyone stopped to consider why. Exactly what is a good education. What does it entail and what is the role of the teachers or educators in providing this sort of education. I need a moment to ponder this question and maybe do a bit of research before I can attempt to answer this question as honest and as factual as I can. For this reason, I will have to abandon this post and get back to it tomorrow and hopefully my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

@pamelajeri

    follow me on Twitter