About Me

My photo
I am in love with and intrigued by the story and plight of the black community. Learning is my passion and I intend to use my passion to show the community that I love ways to effect positive change in their lives as well as others.

7.25.2010

When will we learn......

This was a big week for President Obama and his administration!  But we weren't interested in his signing of "the most sweeping overhaul since the Great Depression" better known as H.R.4173: Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act on July 21, 2010 because we were distracted, quite brilliantly I might add, by the story of Shirley Sherrod and her forced resignation from the USDA.  I have to say that the timing of this "breaking" story was impeccable since the NAACP Event where Sherrod was accused of reverse racism took place in March (?) and the story she was sharing happened in 1986 (?).  Nonetheless, it had all the elements needed for a 24/7 news maniacal marathon. Right in time to distract everyone from the coverage of President Obama's signing the bill into law!

Way to go, Republicans - you did it again!

Not to mention, FOUR republicans signed onto the bill - but we don't want to discuss that either because that would mean the administration IS working with Republicans despite all trumped up evidence on the contrary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

@pamelajeri

    follow me on Twitter